- Book in-house training, or away-day style sessions
- Join one of the scheduled courses
- Join an online course – learning courses with video, interactive quizzes and learning at your own pace.
Courses are designed for the unique needs of communications professionals in charities, universities and those who work in public service: housing associations, social care, local and central government.
Our top 6 courses are:
- The social media masterclass
- Social media SOS – crisis communications course
- How to write a social media strategy
- Creating shareable content for social media
- Creative copy & content for the public sector – how to get people to ACT
- Workshop: the social media newsroom
The social media masterclass
An advanced social media day-course for communications and digital professionals. Read the course schedule and feedback from delegates. Including
- Using the right social media tools for your audience
- Insights, ideas and principles for writing better copy and creating engaging content
- Advanced Facebook tips – get people to share your posts, increase your reach, be more engaging
- Advanced visual and audio tips – make winning content for YouTube, Snapchat, Instagram and more
- Advanced Twitter tips – get retweets, increase your influence, capture people’s attention
Learned loads from a Jersey govt social media masterclass with @HelReynolds today. Looking forward to seeing the impact.
— Marcus Ferbrache (@marcusferbrache) January 25, 2016
Social media SOS – crisis communications course
What will you do when it all kicks off online? We look at everything you need to manage a comms crisis on social media. Including:
- Charting the new ways crisis situations unfold
- Adopting the right tone
- The Streisand Effect
- How to respond to an angry mob
- Techniques to avoid fanning the flames
Great advice from @HelReynolds on dealing with a Social Media crisis – thank you!
— SoftwareAllianceUSW (@SAW_USW) December 10, 2014
How to write a social media strategy
Everything you need to consider to take the right and the best approach for your organisation. By the end of the day you’ll have a template and everything you need to write & implement a social media strategy with impact. Including:
- Network & content strategy
- Identifying & finding audiences
- A process for listening & engagement
- Choosing the right channels
- Deciding on your tone of voice
— Toril Cooper (@TorilCooper) February 3, 2016
Creating shareable content for social media
Get people to share your content. A practical, fun using free Internet tools and social media sites to create effective, awesome visual content for a mobile age – posters, infographics, animated images, videos and more. Including:
- The elements of the best social media content
- Writing for social media audiences
- Shareable visual media – photos, graphics and video
- Interactive media – polls, quizzes and galleries
- Free tools and creativity hacks
Fab social media session with @HelReynolds yesterday. PAS loves to be inspired.
— PAS (@pas_team) May 6, 2015
Creative copy & content for the public sector – how to get people to ACT
How do you write copy with a punch? What kind of techniques should we use to get people talking about our services? From constructing listicles to using psychological principles and make people feel emotion towards your writing. Including:
- How to make your content shareable
- Nudge and behavioural insights
- Lessons from Trump and Brexit
- Inspiring case studies
- Tips, tricks and free tools to improve your social media copy
Brilliant training session with @HelReynolds today – engaging, light-hearted & informative. Feeling enthusiastic and prepared!
— Elizabeth (@margotbarbara) October 2, 2014
Workshop: the social media newsroom
We look at the issues your team faces, and how free online tools and social media sites can give your press office a boost. Including
- How newsrooms use social media in their work
- The elements of the successful online newsrooms
- How to help & network with journalists using social media
- Making your content social media friendly
- Tips, tricks and free tools to make your media relations effective.
Great team away day! Some really insightful training with @HelReynolds
— DerbyUniPress (@DerbyUniPress) September 21, 2015
Other training for staff in public service and social housing
- An introduction to social media for the public sector
- Social media for leadership and professional development
- Engage your tenants: social media for housing associations
- Local authority and influence: social media in local government
- Social media for councillors
Hel will also develop bespoke training according to your needs and objectives.
Get in touch to arrange for a course to help your organisation.
More feedback from happy delegates
— Rosie Dent (@rosie_effect) October 20, 2015
Awesome course with @HelReynolds today! I love that she talks like a human and good to have a fresh dose of inspiration in the bag
— Daneka Norman (@DanekaNorman) November 21, 2014
@HelReynolds Thanks for the fab training on Friday (& the eclipsie). Look forward to Tuesday & Friday next week!
— Catherine Broad (@CathB_NCH) March 21, 2015
@HelReynolds Thanks for a top day Helen. We got loads out of it and the links, tips and tools will be invaluable! Hope you got back ok.
— Mike Underwood (@mikeu_FHG) March 23, 2015
Fantastic day exploring social media with @HelReynolds – thanks for sharing!
— Lou Invine-Rawlins (@Lou_IR) March 23, 2015
@HelReynolds Thanks for a brilliant day Helen. Safe journey back to Wales
— Sarah Fitzgerald (@SarahatSelf) February 20, 2015
— Sarah Rodger (@honeebeebie) October 22, 2015
— Anna Chalkley (@AnnaChalkley) March 18, 2015
Thank you @HelReynolds for a great day’s social media masterclass, useful stuff although I have had Goldie Lookin Chain in my head all day!
— Anna Caig (@AnnaCaig) February 10, 2015
— Florence Jillett (@FlorenceJillett) November 21, 2014
— Harpreet Mangat (@harpreet_mangat) July 3, 2014
Thanks @HelReynolds – excellent webinar on social media user profiling for PR Academy Digital Comms & Social Media course today!
— Fiona Taylerson (@FionaTaylerson) October 15, 2015
— Anne Rigby (@annerigby28) September 25, 2015
— Caroline Welch (@CarolineWelch2) December 5, 2014
— MCF (@declarationball) October 8, 2014
— Wynne Keenan (@WynneKeenanUK) January 15, 2015
— Sara (@OneBeatDesigns) October 28, 2014
Fab Social Media training with @HelReynolds at work today – New exciting ways of working – can’t wait for 1st April!
— Pow (@Pow184) March 20, 2015
Great training with the brilliant @HelReynolds today 🙂 thank you!
— Alice Roythorne (@aliceroythorne) December 10, 2014
— Bethan Davies (@Beth_CHC) May 22, 2014
— Danilo Padilha (@Dpbrazil) April 4, 2014
— Nathan C1Central (@NDavies1980) April 4, 2014