I’m regularly invited to speak publicly on PR, social media & effective digital engagement strategies.
Topics I speak about are ideal for delegates at communications, government, housing and digital conferences and events.
Get in touch to request a subject area or angle, or consider the ready-made talks for 2017 below:
- Does our communications have psychopathic tendencies? How to put the social back in your social media
- Local government social media: how to engage bored audiences
- Everything you need to know about social media in housing for 2018
- How Snapchat changed the way we communicate
- Is your organisation REALLY doing social media well? How old communications thinking is affecting the work of communications teams
- Facebook: how to get from tumbleweed to tremendous
Solent Communications Conference: How to create social media content that resonates with your audience
Community Housing Cymru Annual Conference: ‘Digital disruption – are housing associations ready?’
NIFHA Housing Management Conference: ‘How housing associations can overcome the barriers to engaging with their tenants’
LGcomms Public Sector Communications Academy: How social media is used in politics and what we can learn from the political parties
One Big Housing Conference: Are Customer expectations growing faster than we can meet them?
Wales Audit Office seminar: How different methods of engagement can help involve the citizen in public service delivery
CommsHero for tenants: ‘How to make yourself heard’
Housing Quality Network’s Rules of Engagement: ‘Effective communication for the housing sector’
Community Housing Cymru annual conference: ‘What the housing sector can learn from the success of Trump and the Brexiteers’
LGComms Back to Basics Seminar: ‘How to pick the right channel for your audience’
The Guardian’s Digital Public Services event: ‘The Motown lover’s guide to online public services – What’s Going On? in your digital strategy’ plus a secret social media workshop
CIPR Closing The Gap, Annual Internal Communication Conference: ‘Gaps bridged and created by social media’
Commshero – London, Cardiff and Manchester events: ‘Lucky accidents and magnificent failures – 10 lessons on how to love your work’
DigiSkills Cymru’s Digital Public Service Workforce Conference: keynote – ‘How digital communications will change how public services operate’, plus workshops on being a social organisation.
Guest on BBC Politics Show to share insights about politicians’ use of social media, ahead of the 2016 elections.
— BBC Wales (@BBCWales) May 1, 2016
- October 2015 – Speaker at the CIH South East Practitioners’ Conference, Brighton
- June 2015 – Speaker at NATO conference in Podgorica, Montenegro
- April 2015 – Expert guest on The Sharp End Election Debate show, ITV Cymru Wales (see below)
- March 2015 – Lecture on technology in housing, Cardiff School of Health Sciences, Cardiff Metropolitan University
- March 2015 – Speaker at LG Comms Internal Communications conference, Stoke
- February 2015 – Lecture on social media failure, Faculty of Creative Industries, University of South Wales
- February 2015 – Speaker at ‘Don’t Be Unlucky in Marketing’ conference, Liverpool
- The Consultation Institute & Public Health Wales Effective Use of Social Media Conference, Cardiff
- Motor Industry Public Affairs Association’s 2013 PR Masterclass: Driving for Good, London
- Community Housing Cymru‟s Resources Conference 2013, Llandrindod Wells
- Northern Housing Consortium’s Online Engagement & Social Media Conference, Manchester
- CIH Cymru’s Housing Goes Digital…Welcome to the Global Village, Cardiff
- Guest lecture for journalism & media studies students at University of South Wales: Social Media, Journalism & Your Career’, Cardiff
- Care & Repair Cymru’s Annual 2013 Conference, Wrexham
- Software Alliance’s International Women’s Day: Mostly Women Doing Digital Conference, Swansea
- Participation Cymru’s 2013 All Wales Engagement Network, Llandrindod Wells