Hel is regularly invited to speak publicly on PR, social media & effective digital engagement strategies.
Topics she speaks about are ideal for delegates at communications, government, housing, charity and digital conferences and events.
To get your conference audience talking, contact Helen to arrange a talk with original insights, and bring real value to your delegates.
Get in touch to request a subject area or angle, or consider the ready-made talks for 2017 below:
- Public services and Snapchat: from press releases to real stories
- Local government social media: the good, the bad, the ugly and the FUTURE
- Booting management bollox: changing the language of public services online
- Everything you need to know to boost your social media engagement in 30 minutes
- Public sector communications with heart – how social media is helping organisations reconnect with their purpose
- Is your organisation REALLY social? How culture and structures affect the work of communications teams in public services
Community Housing Cymru annual conference: ‘What the housing sector can learn from the success of Trump and the Brexiteers’
The Guardian’s Digital Public Services event: ‘The Motown lover’s guide to online public services – What’s Going On? in your digital strategy’ plus a secret social media workshop
CIPR Closing The Gap, Annual Internal Communication Conference: ‘Gaps bridged and created by social media’
Commshero – London, Cardiff and Manchester events: ‘Lucky accidents and magnificent failures – 10 lessons on how to love your work’
DigiSkills Cymru’s Digital Public Service Workforce Conference: keynote – ‘How digital communications will change how public services operate’, plus workshops on being a social organisation.
Guest on BBC Politics Show to share insights about politicians’ use of social media, ahead of the 2016 elections.
— BBC Wales (@BBCWales) May 1, 2016
- October 2015 – Speaker at the CIH South East Practitioners’ Conference, Brighton
- June 2015 – Speaker at NATO conference in Podgorica, Montenegro
- April 2015 – Expert guest on The Sharp End Election Debate show, ITV Cymru Wales (see below)
- March 2015 – Lecture on technology in housing, Cardiff School of Health Sciences, Cardiff Metropolitan University
- March 2015 – Speaker at LG Comms Internal Communications conference, Stoke
- February 2015 – Lecture on social media failure, Faculty of Creative Industries, University of South Wales
- February 2015 – Speaker at ‘Don’t Be Unlucky in Marketing’ conference, Liverpool
- The Consultation Institute & Public Health Wales Effective Use of Social Media Conference, Cardiff
- Motor Industry Public Affairs Association’s 2013 PR Masterclass: Driving for Good, London
- Community Housing Cymru‟s Resources Conference 2013, Llandrindod Wells
- Northern Housing Consortium’s Online Engagement & Social Media Conference, Manchester
- CIH Cymru’s Housing Goes Digital…Welcome to the Global Village, Cardiff
- Guest lecture for journalism & media studies students at University of South Wales: Social Media, Journalism & Your Career’, Cardiff
- Care & Repair Cymru’s Annual 2013 Conference, Wrexham
- Software Alliance’s International Women’s Day: Mostly Women Doing Digital Conference, Swansea
- Participation Cymru’s 2013 All Wales Engagement Network, Llandrindod Wells