Hel is regularly invited to speak publicly on PR, social media & effective digital engagement strategies.
Topics she speaks about are ideal for delegates at communications, government, housing and digital conferences and events.
Get in touch to request a subject area or angle, or consider the ready-made talks for 2017 below:
- Local government social media: the good, the bad, the ugly and the FUTURE
- Booting management bollox: why the language of public services online must change
- Everything you need to know about social media use in housing for 2017
- Public sector communications with heart – how social media is helping organisations reconnect with their purpose
- Is your organisation REALLY social? How culture and structures affect the work of communications teams
Community Housing Cymru annual conference: ‘What the housing sector can learn from the success of Trump and the Brexiteers’
The Guardian’s Digital Public Services event: ‘The Motown lover’s guide to online public services – What’s Going On? in your digital strategy’ plus a secret social media workshop
CIPR Closing The Gap, Annual Internal Communication Conference: ‘Gaps bridged and created by social media’
Commshero – London, Cardiff and Manchester events: ‘Lucky accidents and magnificent failures – 10 lessons on how to love your work’
DigiSkills Cymru’s Digital Public Service Workforce Conference: keynote – ‘How digital communications will change how public services operate’, plus workshops on being a social organisation.
Guest on BBC Politics Show to share insights about politicians’ use of social media, ahead of the 2016 elections.
— BBC Wales (@BBCWales) May 1, 2016
- October 2015 – Speaker at the CIH South East Practitioners’ Conference, Brighton
- June 2015 – Speaker at NATO conference in Podgorica, Montenegro
- April 2015 – Expert guest on The Sharp End Election Debate show, ITV Cymru Wales (see below)
- March 2015 – Lecture on technology in housing, Cardiff School of Health Sciences, Cardiff Metropolitan University
- March 2015 – Speaker at LG Comms Internal Communications conference, Stoke
- February 2015 – Lecture on social media failure, Faculty of Creative Industries, University of South Wales
- February 2015 – Speaker at ‘Don’t Be Unlucky in Marketing’ conference, Liverpool
- The Consultation Institute & Public Health Wales Effective Use of Social Media Conference, Cardiff
- Motor Industry Public Affairs Association’s 2013 PR Masterclass: Driving for Good, London
- Community Housing Cymru‟s Resources Conference 2013, Llandrindod Wells
- Northern Housing Consortium’s Online Engagement & Social Media Conference, Manchester
- CIH Cymru’s Housing Goes Digital…Welcome to the Global Village, Cardiff
- Guest lecture for journalism & media studies students at University of South Wales: Social Media, Journalism & Your Career’, Cardiff
- Care & Repair Cymru’s Annual 2013 Conference, Wrexham
- Software Alliance’s International Women’s Day: Mostly Women Doing Digital Conference, Swansea
- Participation Cymru’s 2013 All Wales Engagement Network, Llandrindod Wells